Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Second of November

Today is a special day. It is not only the birthday of my youngest brother, Jeffrey, but also my husband's. They are 10 years apart... November 2, 1979 and 1989. 

Jeffrey and I have a special relationship. I am the oldest child in our family and he is the youngest. We are 10 years apart as well, to the month. Some would think that this makes it hard to relate to each other. I couldn't disagree more. I feel like I have always had such a special bond with him. We can talk about anything, even though he is a tough one to get to open up. I know that he knows I am here for him... always. 

In my mind's eye he is about 7 years old, the age he was when I left for college.
And even though he is all grown up "officially" today, I still can hear him yelling "GG!!" with excitement when I came home on visits from school.

Happy Birthday Monkey!!

And Happy Birthday to my husband, Jared!! I have now known you for over half our lives. I love that I knew you when I was taller than you and we were just friends. I love that you taught me how love was supposed to feel. I love that I got to marry my best friend. I love that I feel like we get closer every day and we still learn things about each other we didn't know.

I love you always.

Your birthday gift arrived just in time and I hope you like it. (Yet another Virginia Tech football jersey!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...