Monday, October 4, 2010

24 Years

I moved to Virginia in 1986 and became friends with a girl who lived right around the corner from me, Tracey. We became best buds and over the years we would be in and out of classes together until we went off to college. We were in CCD with her Mom as our teacher, Brownies with mine as Troop leader, spent hours playing the Oregon Trail, making igloos and sledding in the snow, watching scary movies and hiding in my closet while comparing sister stories.... and that was only elementary school. 

Yes, I have a perm...

 Tracey is one of a group of women that I couldn't live without. I was blessed to have them all as bridesmaids in my wedding two years ago.
Three of them knew me before I really knew who I was... and love me still, anyway.
I could go on and on with memories of high school days, college nights, trips to Spain, Gonzo's Nose in Clarendon and the times since but this is only a little blog not the memoirs of my entire life. And I am so sappy I would start crying from the memories that are mostly good, a few sad, but all worth it.
Women's relationships are like waves... and like waves, we have had our ups and downs. But what is most important, is that after all these 24 years I still call Tracey my friend. And today is her birthday.

Happy Birthday Tracey! The friend I have had the longest! ;)
May you have a most wonderful day.


3 comments:

Clare said...

awwww, happy birthday!

Unknown said...

um, can you warn a chick before she reads the blog post? Crying...crying.... some of the pictures are funny though.

laura said...

i agree with natty...crying...crying...
love you, friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...