Friday, December 30, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Part 1:Ohio

Well, a few more than 12. In reality we have been celebrating Christmas since the 16th. I just can't help it, I love holidays. We had 4 Christmases this year, one just the two of us, one with J's extended family in Ohio, and two in Virginia.

After all the work and friend parties it was time to celebrate with family. Nonni's birthday was on the 23rd and we headed out to dinner out with the Stanley family. Here is Nonni on her 86th birthday with two of her grandsons, Jared and his cousin Troy.
The next night was Christmas Eve and I was baking! I made tons of iced "Santa" cookies and Mexican wedding cakes. Even some to bring home on the plane to Virginia.
These were only half of what I wanted to make but there was just not enough time for spritz this year. I also cranked out some deviled eggs for our contribution to dinner that night. (Thanks to Gma B for her recipe!) We had a lovely time at J's Uncle's parents house for Christmas Eve dinner and finished the night off with some Christmas Ale, of course and holiday movies.

Christmas morning we had a FaceTime date with my family in Virginia and watched our littlest niece and nephew open presents. 
Then we had our Christmas, just the two of us. Somehow Jared had found the photo of the cowboy boots I liked and I was able, with the help of Coach JP, to get him a real Nebraska helmet and a rubber watch band for his breightling watch.  


I was shocked. I had no idea Jared even knew I wanted them or that they were strategically placed on my Pinterest page wish list. Love, love, love them! Almost as much as J liked his gifts, can't you tell? Look at that smile!
We had Christmas brunch at J's Aunt and Uncles house with fantastic eggs Benedict, mimosas, chocolate filled Ebelskivers, presents, and most importantly family.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...