Sunday, February 17, 2013

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Such an odd little saying. I heard this at work while I was attending a microgravity science presentation to astronaut Suni Williams last week (Pinch me!). There were about 30 of us in the room discussing experiments that had been performed with her help on station. One of the scientists was referring to the daunting challenge of combustion physics and how the challenges we are presented at NASA are like trying to eat an elephant. You just have to take it bite by bite.

Fast forward to Saturday where we are skiing at Wisp resort again with our friend Steve. For some reason I haven't been thrilled with the thought of skiing. I am worried more than normal lately. I have my second half marathon coming up in May, which I haven't begun training for, and I'm worried about getting hurt. Not to mention that I don't like being cold. I don't like falling in the snow. I don't like when I'm not good at something and don't have control. Enter skiing. I have been a few times now over the years but I have just been super cranky about this little trip.

Jared wants to ski so much more than I do, so I go. I complain and try my best. One bite at a time.
Shockingly enough we had a great time. Maybe I'll make it down all blue trails next time!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...