Thursday, September 8, 2011

Driving Through Virginia

After a great start to our weekend in Blacksburg, we drove up to Northern Virginia but through Richmond this time to visit my youngest brother Jeffrey! Of course, being a starving college student we took him out to eat, Outback of course!, and to the grocery store. :) It was so great to see where he is living and loving life.
I love that he is soaking up the college experience and enjoying this time of his life but it was much too short of a visit. We then headed up to NOVA to spend less than 24 hours with my family. Joey and Jeni cooked a yummy BBQ chicken dinner for the family. I visited with my little nephew Jacob and watched his new favorite show, Monster Bug Wars! Which is totally creepy and completely freaks me out... but that little one just has me wrapped around his finger, I sat with him through the whole thing.
I didn't get enough time with my parents though... I just love hanging out and talking with them. It is really cool to know them as people and not just Mom and Dad. Since I had missed visiting the weekend earlier, I had missed celebrating the most wonderful Mom in the Universe's birthday. Mom turned 55 on August 24th. She never makes a big deal about her own birthday. And she always made ours so special. I really hope one of these days we can celebrate with her just how she would want... and not be so busy that it passes by without the importance it deserves. Although Dad had to fly, J and I were able to take her to lunch at her favorite place, Sweetwater Tavern.

Happy (belated) birthday Mom!! We didn't snap a photo at lunch, so here is one of my favs from this summer.
It really was a great Labor Day weekend. A great end to summer... would only have been better minus hurricane Irene! cancelling our plans or the monsoon we drove through on the way back to Ohio. Here's to just as much fun this fall! And a winning Hokie football season! ;)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...