Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene

When I said it was my last weekend in town for the summer I guess I spoke too soon. I had plans, busy, million things to do plans since I was flying to Virginia for a long 3 day weekend. This was a solo trip since Jared was working Saturday night, I had the plane ticket and my bags were packed! 

And then came Irene...
I was supposed to be getting picked up at the airport Friday morning by my Uncle Robert,
supposed to be taking my Mom out to lunch at Sweetwater for her 55th birthday which was on the 24th...
supposed to be going for a run with my Dad to show him that I am actually training for the Army 10 Miler this year...
supposed to be visiting with my family - with my sister and niece Madison who were in town, with my brother Joey to see if he can update my blog layout, with my brother Jeff home for the weekend from VCU, see Jeni's baby bump and visit with my nephew Jacob...
supposed to be having dinner with one of my best friends Tracey and seeing where she lived in DC before she moves to Oregon in a few short weeks...
supposed to be checking in on my Grandparents...
supposed to do some shopping, errands, and just soaking up all that is Virginia...

I could get to Virginia with no problem. I just wouldn't be able to get back on Sunday. My return flight was cancelled and driving in a hurricane wasn't recommended.
I wanted to go, could have gone, felt like I should have gone, but made the decision to stay and be sure I could be at work on Monday. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. I moped around all day Friday. Being a grown up sucks sometimes.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...