Saturday, August 11, 2012

A 6 Hour Tour

Today Jared went sailing with the Classen men. I was invited as well, and although J wanted me to go it was a boys trip and we decided it was best if he went solo. Wow, were we ever right about that! They were sailing from Mentor to Cleveland which would be a 5 mph trip depending on the winds. But when we woke up today, there were boating advisories... water spouts were possible out on the lake and large waves... I wasn't sure this was a good idea.

It was so overcast, windy, and really dreary.
But he went anyway. We packed him up with as much waterproof gear as we had. While he was gone I did some shopping, watched a chick flick at home, and worried about him. When Dr. Classen called to let me know they were about an hour away from harbor I asked how Jared was doing... not so well. When I picked him up I knew it was bad. I could read it all over his face.

He said it was horrible. Terrible. The worst 6 hours of his life. At one point he wasn't sure they were going to make it. WHAT?!? He thought for sure the boat was going to split in two several times. OH NO!! He was so glad I hadn't gone. I know I would've made Dr. Classen turn the boat around. I didn't know why he hadn't made them turn back. Travis and Will looked exhausted. Dr. Classen looked a mess.
And somehow he took photos on the trip. I had wanted to see the sailing regatta they would be heading through. He said he had to hold onto the boat at all times otherwise you were going to lose your balance. Both the captain and J lost their lunch on the journey. It was bad... really, really bad. The guys were comparing their trip to the boating scenes in Forest Gump, The Truman Show, or worst yet, The Perfect Storm. They were all more than relieved to be back on dry land.

So we went to dinner at Brentwood Tavern right up the hill... and all was back to normal. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...