Thursday, September 30, 2010

Midweek Blues

I am mostly a happy person. Yes the tears can start flowing at the drop of a hat but mostly, I have a good outlook on life. I am blessed with a great husband, family, friends, health, and a job that I love. But some days you just have a case of the blues.

Wednesday was blue, dark blue. It was an ordinary day, getting up, going to work, etc. and an appointment with a new hair stylist. This sounds silly, but it was a challenge for me. The same lady has been doing my hair forever and I love how she makes it look. But I live in Ohio now and I really should start taking care of things here... where I live.

The salon people were very nice. I just didn't feel like I fit. Some days I am a fish out of water here. So different than everyone else. I look different than the people here. I act different than the people here. I am sooo different than the people here. And then the hairdresser tells me I should be doing my hair differently and it is the wrong color. (Did I mention that her hair looks like she was from an 80's hair band? And this salon is the highest rated in the area.)

I ended up letting her do some of what she wanted. After all, it is only hair and it will grow back. But I now have long layers... layers people and I am not in love with the color. I just felt like an alien the rest of the day. It stinks that something so small can make you think you don't fit in. It is tough being here without friends, and making new ones hasn't been successful for me yet.

I wanted to post this because even though I am mostly happy, I know days like today happen to everyone. At least, that is what I tell myself. And this is a journey. Making a new place your home is tough, and I guess it is taking longer than I expected. So what did Jared think of my hair? Well, he couldn't even tell I had anything done. Just told me I looked pretty when I got home. 
View from my balcony, watching the sunset


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...