Monday, May 2, 2011

Taurus

Today is my sister's birthday. A special one. The big 3-0. Even though we celebrated this weekend, I wish I could be with her on her special day. I love my sister so much. I joke that she is mine... that my parents had her for me. And as much as I tease, I kinda feel that way. The E.E. Cummings poem, "I carry your heart with me" always reminds me of her. I am super protective of her and love that over the years we have gotten so close. Close enough that when we are out together shopping and people ask if we are twins it makes me smile a little inside... and smile a lot when they ask which one of us is older! Hehehe!
This is one of my favorite pictures of us with our Dad on my wedding day. Happy 30th Birthday, Juls!

It is also the birthday of one of my best friends, Courtney. Courtney and I met my first year at Virginia Tech. She is the first close friend I made in college and I miss her terribly! 
Happy Birthday to you too, Court! Perhaps we can make another Vegas trip like this one back in 2007 to celebrate sometime soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...