Sunday, March 4, 2012

John Glenn

On February 20th, 50 years ago, John Glenn became the first American to orbit the earth. I am lucky enough to work at the NASA Glenn Research Center that is named after him, where he did some of his initial training way back when.

Friday he was here in town with his wife Annie for a reception to mark this occasion. Of course, I was a volunteer for the event. Somehow I managed to be a VIP usher... talking and shaking hands with our center director Ray Lugo, the NASA Administrator and former astronaut Charlie Bolden, the director of Space Flight and most importantly John Glenn himself. Super cool!
He was so well spoken, funny even, you would never know he was 90 years old when you hear him speak. It was a very fun day for me. Did I mention I love my job?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...